Tuesday, March 18, 2008

2008 12 Hours of Sebring

Last weekend I made my first trip to see the ALMS 12 hours of Sebring. What a blast! The racing was excellent and both the starting grid and the infield were full of awesome cars.

I didn't realize that it was spring break, and we made the mistake of camping in the middle of 20,000 drunken college students. That doesn't make for good sleeping. The facilites at Sebring are also atrocious, so I think the next time I go to the race it will be in an RV.


Here's a GT2-class Corvette heading out in the morning for its recon laps. While the full-power GT1 cars are neat, GT2 is where it's at. There is so much diversity in the lower class this year and it makes for pretty awesome racing, even if some of the newer cars are moving chicanes.


The biggest reason I wanted to go to this race was to catch the only North American appearance for Peugeot's LeMans diesels. Even though they dropped out early, they're still stunning cars and a lot of fun to watch.


I've posted the best of my pictures on my Flickr site. Here's a slideshow:

No comments: